Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Coughing ,Sugar addiction and Spring festival ...

Sorry for not posting in a while ,Thanks to the sudden weather changes, For the past two and half weeks  I was sick as the dog,two trips to the doctors and I still cough till I almost faint.That and usual side effects of the medications are not putting me in a really creative mood.But on the bright side I lost almost 4 kg during this time. I know its mostly water and muscle mass and not really good way to lose weight,but it gave me will power boost, to try something I thought it's impossible to achieve and that is Quitting Sugar,beside my Narcolepsy and lack of Orexin, sugar is probably one of biggest  reasons why I'm obese,my daily intake was around 1000 calories of sodas,coffee and deserts, today is 10 days since I start, and to tell you the truth being Addict I was expecting more sweet cravings,anxiety and being irritated  in general,something I experienced while quitting Smokes some six years ago.Worst thing was getting used to drink unsweetened Coffee,but after three days of trying I realize it's drinkable and now it's enjoyable,instead of deserts I found that Fruits are tasting great.My only problem now is to find the right food that doesn't contain any of sugars or surrogates, and here in Japan that is quiet difficult task since it's one of the main ingredients in the traditional cuisine as well as most products on the shelf, so now I'm learning to read the labels and to my surprise there is more than 75 ways to say sugar,so it seems that best idea is to stay away from anything that is being processed and also means much more cooking for me and my wife.
*this was unpublished draft from about a week ago since that time i got much better and I still follow the no sugar path with no problems,I was really busy last week with all the postponed work plus preparations for the Inuyama City,Spring Matsuri,that was held last Saturday and Sunday April 7th & 8th ,my wife had a small taqueria set up in front of our shop and sold more than 600 of our "famous" burritos (before we got our first kid we used to run cafe bar here and this was one of best selling products). I'm involved in festivities as an member of ShimoHonMachi Crew,Pushing and lifting the 4 ton float (locally called Yama) throughout the city,this is the last year video of our float doing Don-Den Gaeshi,I hope someone will post this year video specially the Sunday night since we did some serious distance on two wheels.
 














   

No comments:

Post a Comment